• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps freezing

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not working. It stalls and freezes up when I try to import a smart object. I've restarted my computer, I've uninstalled PSD, I contacted the help center and have uninstalled and reinstalled my creative cloud... but nothing works. 

Now when I try to open PSD, it completely freezes. Even the spinning wheel of death is not working. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I was able to solve the problem with information froma related conversation. I was using PSD 22.3 update which other folks have mentioned seems to have a number of issues. I reverted back to 22.2 and unchecked automatic updates. 

Things seem to be working better now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. If in case you get some time, please update Photoshop to the 22.3.1 version and check if that helps.

Just trying to help you to use the latest version of Photoshop.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so Adobe automatically updated PSD for me and guess what... the issue I mentioned at the start of this thread is happening again. Any time I try to download a smart object, PSD freezes on me and I have to force quit. Was totally happy with version 22.2. It worked.

Will update once you fix the bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also note, you CAN disable auto update so this doesn't happen again. It's done through the CC app of course. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines