Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lagging when working with mask tool

Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone, recently I've faced a problem with my Photoshop 2021. When i am working with mask tools photoshop starts lagging and then after a while freezes and  just stops responding. I cannot navigate through the image and i can't even close the app, because all the buttons and tools arent clickable anymore. I've already checked all of my drivers, set recomended settings in photoshop in my attempt to solve the issue, but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to solve this issue, or maybe someone faced something similar?Really need your help, because this issue totally destroys my workflow.

I use Asus zenbook with fully updated windows 10 OS

Specs:

Intel Core i7

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX

Xp pen G640 graphic tablet (all drivers were downloaded by standart utility and seem to work well)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Also, please try unchecking "Use graphics Processor" in Preferences > Performance. That could give you an idea of the problem is a conflict with your video card.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help, but this did not work out for me, so i guess that is not a video card issue. talking about preferencies, I've already reseted it multiple times and that didn't help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this problem randomly occur or after an update? This method resets more items than the standard, and have had good luck with these type of issues.

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (windows):

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location : C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Photohsop and AdobePhotohsop XX Settings folders to AdobePhotohsop.old and AdobePhotohsop XX Settings folders.old
  • Launch Photoshop from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It occured randomly and thanks for your method, I'll try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines