Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Missing image links from Library

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I work at a company with about 10 designers. I made a couple of libraries to help us work faster and more effiecient. However recently some designers have made some changes to some of the images in the libraries so for example I used the white company logo in all my files but someone went and deleted the file and now its bringing up an error for all my psds. 

Is there a way that I can just add the exact same image (dimensions etc) to the speicific library it was in, name it the same and its automatically sees it as that image it needs to link to? Or must I now manullay go link the image to the image in the library everytime the error come up when I open a psd?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To replace the graphic, you could remake it at the same dimensions with the same name or go to the Libraries panel menu in the upper right and select View Deleted Items. Selecting that will open your browser to https://assets.adobe.com/deleted and show you the files that have been deleted. You can click the 3 dots below the deleted asset and select Restore.

Once the graphic is back in the Library, you will need to

• Select the layer that contains the artwork with the broken link,
  • Right-click
  • Select Relink to Library Graphic...
  • Select the restored graphic in the Library, and
  • Click the Relink button at the bottom of the Library

Photoshop will relink multiple instances of the graphic within a single document, but you'll need to relink it again in other documents.

If you don't want other designers to be able to delete or modify the artwork in a Library, you can change their permissions to Can view from Can edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Myra, you would not believe how much time and effort it took me to find this answer. The Photoshop help is very limited, espcially if you library graphic is a psd and not a SmartObject. Also, library file sync is not clearly explained and requires some research to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines