• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no longer giving option to save as PDF

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just today I've noticed my Adobe Photoshop (2021) can no longer save as PDF. Even in very small files, like a flat 3" business card, the PDF option is left off the list. Why is this? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 1.42.15 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

It's changed in the latest version of Photoshop, use Save a Copy when you want to save a layered PSD file to a single-layered format like JPG and PDF (read up on the forum as to why).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's changed in the latest version of Photoshop, use Save a Copy when you want to save a layered PSD file to a single-layered format like JPG and PDF (read up on the forum as to why).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even showing in Save a Copy - completely disappeared from all options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? I had the option last week now save as only gives me "save to creative cloud". No format choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change that option in Photoshop preferences to save to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no save a copy nor to cloud and in preference no legacy saving in preference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have photoshop 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your document colour mode, bit depth and canvas width and height dimensions in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the canvas size W: 36.12cmm, H:28.15cm

1024px/798px 

I don't have the save in any format even PSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour mode?

Bit depth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB 
8 bits/channel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have an RGB 8bpc 1024 x 798px image and it will not save as a Photoshop PDF?

I can't reproduce this issue, all of these properties are valid for Photoshop PDF. How many alpha channels? How many layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to the Photoshop "Legacy Save As" options as Derek mentioned is quite straightforward, more here.

REVERT TO LEGACY SAVE AS OPTIONS

With Photoshop 22.4.2, you can both revert to the legacy Save As workflow and/or omit the addended “copy” when saving as a copy if desired. 

To find these new preference options, navigate to: 

• (macOS) Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options
  • (Windows) Edit > Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options 

Revert to legacy Save As workflow in Photoshop desktop

When you turn on the Enable legacy "Save As” preference:
  • macOS: The Save As and Save a Copy options will now both open the legacy save dialog enabling the Save As options that were available in Photoshop v22.3 and earlier, including the As a Copy checkbox. With the legacy workflow enabled, if you use the Save a copy option to save your Photoshop file, the As a Copy checkbox will be turned on by default. When selecting the Enable legacy "Save As” option in preferences on macOS, you will receive a warning dialog alerting you to the risk of overwriting files that arises when using the legacy Save As workflow, as “copy” will no longer be interactively appended to the filename. Because of this, when selecting the Enable legacy “Save As” preference the Do not append “copy” to filename when saving a copy preference will automatically become enabled and cannot be turned off unless the Enable legacy “Save As” preference is turned off.

Warning dialog for legacy save as

Windows: The Enable legacy "Save As” preference operates the save as workflow as it originally did, including the interactive appending of “copy” to the filenames when appropriate. Hence, you will not see a warning alert when turning on the legacy preference on Windows. Additionally, since the legacy Save As workflow can append “copy” to filenames, you will not see a warning alert and the Do not append ‘copy’ to filename when saving a copy preference option can be turned on or off based on your requirement.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem. I've enabled SAVE AS legacy, however I am not able to save my files as in PDF format. With "Automate -> PDF presentation" I have to close and open or add/remove the images if I want to save 'em seperately. Help:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I am lost... I am trying to follow the "correct answer" but am not able to execute as instructed. "save as" does not populate a pdf option from the drop down. and there is no "legacy" option in the prefs menu as show in the screen shot. I am using Adobe Photoshop 2021 v22.0.1.73 (x64) on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I cannot save my PSD as a PDF anymore. Using ver 25.1.0 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I cannot save my PSD as a PDF anymore. Using ver 25.1.0 release

By @Rising Tide

I have to ask, did you read the previous replies on using Save As a Copy or enabling Legacy Save As?

Otherwise, what is the canvas width and height in pixels of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And - silly though it sounds - look for Photoshop PDF in the list of formats, rather than PDF or Adobe PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to save a pdf in my photoshop other than "Photoshop PDF" and yes, I too have enabled "Legacy Save As" and still can not save a PDF file without any image that is in the file is clear. Any Image is at a low resolution and all pixilated and the text that I typed is clear.

No more ability to save a High Resolution Print File Format. What is Adobe doing?!?! It's like you are getting rid of our ability to do any "Print Work" and are moving strictly to Digital web formats! ADOBE we still actually do print on physical materials like Brochures, Flyers, Photo's, Product Packaging etc.!  Please fix this problem and let us save our files as High Resolution PDF file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the respose Stephen, but what you are showing me, is exactly what I have been able to do until now.  As of yesterday, the screen shot below is what my photoshop is now giving me. The Adobe Photoshop PDF Presets is set to a greyed out [Custom] which you can not change, and Under "Standard", it is set to "None" and you can only choose from PDF/X-1a:2001, PDF/X-1a:2003, PDF/X-3:2002, PDF/X-3:2003, PDF/X-4:2010 for saving a pdf file. There are no longer any options to save a file as a High Resolution, Press Quality or Low Resolution format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JDML2016 

Did you read the links that I posted? I believe that here were solutions in there... Such as this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-save-the-pdf-like-high-quality-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines