Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no responde en MacBook Pro con Big Sur

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola mi nombre es Virginia.
Tengo un problema con la última versión del Photoshp en mi MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Procesador: 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 de cuatro núcleos
Memoria: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graficos: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
macOS Big Sur 11.4

Abro el PS y me deja abrir una imagen pero al poco tiempo la aplicación no responde... miro el monitor de actividades y aumenta considerablemente el uso de la memoria RAM

Modifique parámetros en el PS en Rendimiento. Desinstale PS e instale version anterior sucedia lo mismo, volví a la ultima version disponible. Abro PS y no cargo los plugins y por ahi funciona un rato mas y luego no responde.

Con el PS 2020 y 2019, durante todo el 2020 llegué a realizar 60 fotomontajes con mas de 20 capas y archivos pesados, nunca tuve problemas.

No puedo agregarle mas RAM a la mac, porque tiene las memorias soldadas.
Necesito ayuda.
Gracias.

Hello my name is Virginia. (Sorry for my English)
I have a problem with the latest version of Photoshp on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Quad Core
Memory: 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
macOS Big Sur 11.4

I open the PS and it lets me open an image but after a short time the application does not respond ... I look at the activity monitor and it increases the use of RAM considerably

Modify parameters in the PS under Performance. Uninstall PS and install previous version the same thing happened, I went back to the latest version available. I open PS and I don't load the plugins and it works there for a while and then it doesn't respond.

With the PS 2020 and 2019, throughout 2020 I managed to make 60 photomontages with more than 20 layers and heavy files, I never had problems.

I can not add more RAM to the mac, because it has the memories soldered.
I need help.
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

To be clear - the issue is not current Photoshop not running on Big Sur.

The issue is the newer versions of photoshop wont run because of your graphics card hardware.

You can try to run this on Big Sur with 2019 but if you run into issues, I would install Catalina instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your mac is too old to run the latest versions of Photoshop effectively due to the graphics card. 

Specifically the ops/sec requirements of 2,000 ops sec with Metal compatibility. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html 

Your current graphics card has only 770 ops sec. 

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html 

Your options are to upgrade your Mac to a better graphics card or downgrade your Photoshop to 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My macbook pro is from 2018, how is it very old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its your graphics card - not the Mac itself. 

You listed a Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB. 

If you look at the link sent (videobench mark) you can see for yourself the graphics card is woefully underpowered. Besides the Ops/Sec requirement you do not meet the recommended 2 GB VRAM either or have Metal support. 

From Apple: "On macOS, Metal also supports Intel HD and Iris Graphics from the HD 4000 series or newer". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entiendo, pero entonces no me queda otra que volver al PS 2019 donde no me daba ese error, lo que no se si ahora me funcionará ya que tengo Big Sur 11.4

No puedo cambiar la macbook.

en Creative Cloud hay opciones para instalar versiones anteriores al 2021, deberia desinstalar la 22.4.2 que es la ultima y tendria que buscar poder instalar la version 22.0 no es así?

I understand, but then I have no choice but to return to PS 2019 where I did not get that error, which I do not know if it will work for me now since I have Big Sur 11.4

I can't change the macbook.

In Creative Cloud there are options to install versions prior to 2021, you should uninstall 22.4.2 which is the last one and you would have to try to install version 22.0, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have multiple major versions installed at the same time but not point upgrades (cant have 22.0 and 22.4 installed). 22.4.2 wont run on your MBP so why keep it? 

You could also downgrade your Mac OS to Catalina and stay on that to keep stability. 

2019 was not built for Big Sur so you will have issues with that setup as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No se que hacer entonces,
- porque por PS solamente no puedo volver atras el Sistema Operativo
- no puedo instalar 2019 con Big Sur
- no puedo instalar 2020 con Big Sur entonces tampoco.
- no puedo cambiar la computadora ni agregar mas memoria.

quiero lloraaaar

I don't know what to do then
- because by PS alone I can not go back the Operating System
- I can't install 2019 with Big Sur
- I can't install 2020 with Big Sur then either.
- I cannot change the computer or add more memory.

I want to cry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why cant you downgrade to Catalina and install PS 2019?

Here is the download link to 2019:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias por responderme mis dudas

Este link es legal de adobe? porque yo pago el abono por el pack de fotografo con LR y PS

El LR funciona bien. Es que solo el PS no funciona con Big Sur todo lo demas si, y volver para atras deberia desactualizar todo lo demas.

Thank you for answering my questions

Is this link adobe legal? because I pay the subscription for the photographer's pack with LR and PS

The LR works fine. Is that only the PS does not work with Big Sur everything else if, and going back should outdated everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its totally legit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear - the issue is not current Photoshop not running on Big Sur.

The issue is the newer versions of photoshop wont run because of your graphics card hardware.

You can try to run this on Big Sur with 2019 but if you run into issues, I would install Catalina instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muy claras en sus respuestas, muchas gracias!
intentaré ver si la placa de video se puede cambiar o esta integrada.
y sino hare lo que me aconseja.

gracias

Very clear in their answers, thank you very much!
I will try to see if the video card can be changed or is integrated.
and if not I will do what you advise me.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines