Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop only showing mouse cursor

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I hope someone can help me with my issue, as even new installation of Photoshop was not helping. 

Whenever I work for a while in Photoshop the tools are disappearing. I do not mean the window, where I can choose the tools, I just get instead of a brush etc. only a mouse cursor. Changing the tool does not change anything, I keep seeing the cursor only. Scrolling and zooming does not work anymore. Luckily I can still save. 

When I close the file, I can re-open it and everything works as usual, I do not even have to re-start Photoshop to get it working again just open the saved file. 

The files (photos) are coming from light room as a smart object. 

Unfortunately I cannot allocate the problem to a certain action done by myself. 

It just happens by surprise. 

Thanks a lot for your ideas and solutions, as it is quite annoying, 

Florian

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you hitting the caps lock key? 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your reply. No I'm not.

I tried to observe it further and I believe most often it seems to happen when I press space to move around in the picture.

I use a Wacom instead of a mouse then to move around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how did you get it working again? I use the space bar too, and mine does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be curious too!

Same story: Masking with the brush tool, WACOM, lot usage of the space-key and suddenly it's like dead.
Yet I save, close the file and re-open … but I feel this is not the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here!

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here! Has anyone found the solution? The only way I can make it work again is to close Photoshop and reopen it. But it will not work again after a few times pressing the space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to acharyapramod7

She found the solution. 

Try Edit -> Preference -> Tools -> uncheck "Enable flick panning"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines