• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop save options have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Photoshop and ever since the number of save options have been reduced and I can no longer choose JPG, PDF or others when using the Save As option. I can export images as JPG but for some reason I'm not able to choose this option in the Save As command. Has anyone else experienced this issue and knows of a potential fix? I've attached an image showing the save options that I have at the moment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

In the latest version of Photoshop the Save functions have changed, now multi-layered PSDs that need to be saved as a single layered document such as JPG and PDF need to use the Save a Copy feature.

This very useful YouTube video explains the difference and when to use Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS_oieQL7c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of Photoshop the Save functions have changed, now multi-layered PSDs that need to be saved as a single layered document such as JPG and PDF need to use the Save a Copy feature.

This very useful YouTube video explains the difference and when to use Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS_oieQL7c

In this video, let's clear the confusion once and for all between Save, Save As, Save a Copy, and even Export As, in Photoshop! With the recent changes in Photoshop 2021, there has been a lot of perplexity as to how things have changed. In this tutorial, we will only focus on the fundamental ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's great, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It' shame standard jpg export quality setting is set to 1 now in stead of inheriting the quiality of the original. Now I have to change it for every image I save after retouching. Please FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user support forum, if you want to give feedback to Adobe, use this link: http://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which export are you talking about? quick export? regular export as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m opening a jpg file in PS and do some minor retouche (no layers), then I save the file with CMD-S to overwrite the original.
In former versions the jpg quality setting was the same as the original.
In this version of PS the default quality setting is 1, so for every image I have to change it to 10 before saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was confused by the export word.

I would immediately create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com forum about the change in quality with save on a jpeg, with a mention of 22.4.2 in the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich habe heute auch die v22  geladen und habe auch das Problem des Speicherns von JPG.

Geht nun nur noch mit "als Kopie speichern", dann kommen die Optionen wie PDF, JPG, etc..

Leider ändert PS dann auch den Namen der zu speichernden Datei in Name + Kopie. Für mich sehr ärgelich da ich häufig PSD in JPG umwandeln muss und nun ständig das Wort "Kopie" aus dem Namen löschen muss.

Ich hoffe Dir geholfen haben zu können.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have just tried using the Save as Copy feature and it worked as expected. I checked the file name and didn't have to remove 'Copy' from the end of it. I will keep an eye out for this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with PDF not showing up to save as. My file was a regular flattened, 16 bit, RGB, etc, etc. Been doing this for many years w/ PSDs.

So I see the PDF format option was moved to "Save as a Copy". Easy fix, but why? Why change it? It hijacks an established workflow that takes more time to figure out, check forums, why it no longer works. Meanwhile the speed to quickly hit deadlines suffers. Why change a basic menu workflow? Not cool, not cool at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The change was made because an Operating System manufacturer mandated it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssowers – You'll be pleased to know that in the latest version of Photoshop (22.4.2) under the File Handling tab in preferences you can change back to Enable legacy "Save As".

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 11.32.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Derek

Thanks - your reply was very helpful - especially the video you linked to.

I am a complete beginner and just posted a question about this issue but the answers didn't pop up until after I answered - the search function is only useful if you know what you are looking for - anyway - I'm rambling.

As I mentioned I am a complete beginner and I came across this issue while watching the tutorial videos - Photoshop needs to update their tutorials to reflect these changes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to 

Preferences> File Handling > select "Enable legacy" Save As" then Press Ok... When you go to save as again you will get all the extra file extensions to choose from: send me $100..😅

1000140161.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines