Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Screen Colour Calibration glitch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been suffering from a glitch which I can't seem to fix and has been persistant through a few iterations of Photoshop, and MacOS versions. It seems to effect both Photoshop and Camera Raw. When zooming in and moving around, or moving the window around in general, you can see photoshop fighting between the screens calibrated colour setting, and perhaps some other default? Essentially the colour is constantly glitching out. It would be something I could more easily live with if the correct colour always displayed when you stopped moving even if glitching while navigating about, but it can often switch between the two and stay that way. Switching off hardware acceleration will 'fix' this issue - however performance is seriously compromised especially since I often work with large images. Moving around them using software only is fairly poor and unresponsive.

I have calibrated screens and work with an iMac currently running Mojave 10.14.6. The iMac is a Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 with 32 GB ram and flash storage. The graphics card is an nVidia GTX 780M 4 GB. The other screen is a Dell Ultrasharp UP2716D. Bother screens calibrated using X-Rite i1Studio.

Any help would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported a lot recently from users with iMacs / MacBook Pros + an external display. In other words, an integrated display plus an external one. It does not happen on desktop systems with multiple displays.

The problem is that the wrong monitor profile is used. The cause is most likely connected to how displays are assigned in the operating system/video card. So there's probably nothing Adobe can do.

Photoshop uses whatever monitor profile it gets from the operating system for that display. As a workaround, try to switch display assignments in the OS (primary <> secondary). It works for some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the reply. It does seem to be unique and specific to Adobe products though, as I also use other imaging software for my job without issue. I'll have a look at switching the two and see if it helps but his occurs on both the primary or secondary screen for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too.  It can occu on Bridge or Photoshop, and started after Photoshop became quite slow, in past few months.  It is not my display calibration.  It is somewhat rndom

Desmeralda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

frustrating issue that one and, yes, we only hear about issues with Adobe SW, mind you this IS an Adobe forum.

User D.Hob has put together a compendium of posts and some fixes / workarounds here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/inconsistent-color-display-on-external-monito...

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the link. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully there's a fix before too long.  It seemed disabling my GPU acceleration helped, but today the issue is back again with it disabled. So perhaps not 😞

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is Adobe SW?

Cheers,

Gavan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that reply was from me - signed in on another account.

Cheers,
Gavan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my (temporary) workaround for MacBook and iMac users:

Set both Display screens to use the master display profile (normally the external display) in the System preferences / color pane - that fixes many dual screen appearance issues, but of course the MacBook screen is now inaccurate. so it's only a workaround 'til Adobe and Apple can fix this issue. 

I hope this helps neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Neil. I'll give it a go. A workaround it is... But honestly I only really use the iMac screen to handle Bridge and various other panels. The 'external' display is consistantly what I edit from.

Cheers,
Gavan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines