• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop script to auto stack pair of images, then auto-align, and export.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shots comprised of jpg image sequences.  I'm processing the shots.  When I process them, position and scale for a portion of the image is offset.  I'm trying to use a script to perspective auto align the processed image to match the original image.

So I believe I need a script to:

1.  Load original image into layer 1.

2.  Load processed image into layer 2.

3.  Designate the original image on layer 1 as the reference, so that the processed image on layer 2 is perpective transformed to match the original image on layer 1.

4.  Auto-align layer 2 to layer 1.

5.  Export the aligned layers, with layer 2 on top, to an uncompressed file (not .psd).

6.  Repeat script on each matched pair until all pairs in the folders are procesed.

I assume the folder structures should be:

"Folder 1" = original files (contains the first set of matched pairs identically named as their match in folder 2).

"Folder 2" = processed files (contains the other set of matched pairs identically named as their match in folder 1).

"Output Folder" = photoshop aligned exported file.

FYI - The processed image is only the portion of the frame that has been position and scale offset by the processing.  So the result I'm looking for is exactly what photoshop does when you manually auto-align the two uploaded images.  I don't want the processed image to be auto-aligned to full frame, just aligned against the portion of the original image that came from.

I have found a plugin called Image Processor Pro, that will auto process every image in a folder.  I've also found a script that I think will stack images in adobe bridge, but it's 10 years old, for Windows 7.

I just can't think of the right combination of search terms for google.  This has to be out there somwhere.

Totally willing to pay for your time for a solution.  We can DM or Discord, or something.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stephen_A_Marsh,

Yes the preprocessed image will never be a perfect match to the background.  It should be extremely close, but "due to my pre-processing and JPG vs. TIFF" some pixels will be off.  The main thing is that the processed image aligns as closely as it can over the original, without the original moving.

Your last set of tests might be fine, I didn't know a new script was ready to test.  It sounded like you were still testing, and the version number is still 1.3.  I could test your latest script adjustments.  It looked like you tried three varations in your last post.  I could try all three first before you do any other changes.

Incorporating my action in the script, or your adjustments to my action is great too!  If you think that will do the trick.

I'm wondering if including "Geometric distortion" would make a closer alignment?  I'm assuming I could change the last "false" to "true" in this line of code:

autoAlignLayers(false, "auto", false, false);

Out of curiousity, what is the first "false"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming I could change the last "false" to "true" in this line of code:

autoAlignLayers(false, "auto", false, false);

Out of curiousity, what is the first "false"?

By @whitebalanceinc

Here is a screenshot to illustrate how the parameters relate to the function:

function-params.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it sounds like  you do not want the images aligned and bended into one seamless image you want the images aligned as if you have a double exposure    two images super imposed a blurry image. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines