• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop shut down on it's own, asked for password and lost all my toolbar settings

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my Adobe photoshop 2021 on Mac (Mac Mini 2020) shut down on its own when I wasn't using it. It wasn't a crash, it looked as if I clicked "Quit Photoshop" but I didn't (it asked me to save changes to the open file). 

When I started it again it asked me for my Creative Cloud password (never happened after I logged in initially). When it started all my toolbar settings were lost. 

I already went through reconfiguring it again but I wonder why could this happen? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you shared your login with someone else? 

Photoshop only allows two active installs at a time. 

If a third is attempting to open, it will ask if you want to remote sign out the other accounts. 

That would cause your PS to close while open and log you out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! 

No, I haven't shared my login with anyone. I use photoshop on my two computers only and didn't set up a new device in about half a year. 

I just went to "Active Sessions" in my Adobe account and I can see my two computers, this web browser and something called "Apple Mail, Mac OS X 10.16". I'm not sure what this last device is. I don't use Apple Mail or anything like that. Do you think it could cause this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like someone was trying to access your account on a Mac. I would change your security settings to use two factor authentication and then change your password...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines