• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop shutting down immediately

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Photoshop shutting down immediately I have opened an image. I uninstalled the program once but it did not help. I do not understand what is wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you tell us what are the features of your computer? What type of image are you trying to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different types of images jpg, png etc. They are not very big.
Photoshop worked great until a couple of weeks ago. Then something happened. I'm wondering if it could be because I happened to save an image in a strange format I had not seen before. When I would then open that file again, Photoshop shut down. And have been doing it ever since. I have deleted the image and reinstalled Photoshop, but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since june 04 as well.
I had an image opened when it first crashed, and since then it just cash right out of the gate every time I try to boot it again : it open the auto-saved image (a simple jpg, no layer) and crash right away. I dont event have the time to close the image for good.
I desinstaled/reinstaled twice, no changes. I have no idea what to try next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, first with my second computer, since yesterday also with my first computer (both Windows) which I normally use for PS CC.

Now I have deinstalled PS on my second computer and installed it new. The only difference ist hat before new installing I got a failure note before shut down and now the shut down comes immediatly without a failure note after opening a file.

I can not work with PS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated photoshop to the new version this morning and the problem seems to have been fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK good to know. I will try to do the same today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work for me too. Hurray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy that your Adobe Photoshop problem is resolved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines