• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop strokes

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need help! I'm doing a project at the moment and my strokes are invisible! I've no idea how to get them back! I have the details in for the sizes, they are inside and the colour numbers are all perfect but they aren't showing in my preview and when I press ok they still do not show! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Are you talking about the Strokes of Shape Layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

 the bottom picture is what it's supposed to look like! It might be easy to fix but I'm confused as to why it's not showing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post digital screenshots. 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not obvious from your screen shot, but I wonder if it is the order you have them in.  When using multiple strokes their position in the layer style panel is similar to how layers work.  The higher positioned Stroke will cover the those below it. So in the example below the green stroke has a value of 4, where as the red stroke, which is above it, has a value of 2.  If the strokes were reversed the red stroke would be hidden by the green.  You need to plan your effect before making it.  I don;t know if that helps?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultt2u3apv1s0zs 

The only setting we can see is the one on top, which is 57 points INSIDE. We don't know your type size, but this is filling up the inside of the letters. Try turning off the view of the strokes and look at them one at a time. Notice that Trevor shows only 4 pts Inside. We don't know what you are trying to achieve, but this upper stroke is probably hiding the lower ones.

jane-e_0-1622380611018.png

Experiment with inside, outside, and center as well as size, order, and color. You can drag to change the order.

jane-e_1-1622381032965.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the details in for the sizes, they are inside and the colour numbers are all perfect
By @defaultt2u3apv1s0zs

Are you following a tutorial? If so, select each stroke and compare the settings to the ones in the tutorial. If you don't see it, we need screen shots of the settings for each stroke, not just the top stroke, plus a good image of what you are trying to achieve.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you might not be equally well be served by a Shape Burst Gradient Stroke. 

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 16.05.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you have it?

001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines