• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop svg export corrupted

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting an SVG file from photoshop and uploading on WIX but it keeps saying it's corrupted. Anything I can do to fix that?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us more about the process you are using to export out an SVG from Photoshop.

What kind of files are you creating? Are they simple vector artwork? Is this something you could be creating and exporting out from Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you display the exported SVG in your browser place them into photoshop document or import the into Photoshop via Open.    Photoshop is a pixels editor with some vector tools. It may export Shapes as normal .svg files however I would expect a lot of pixels data will be exported bt Photoshop.  Photoshop does not support SVG files it can import them as a single raster layer or  place ins vector object like .svg and .AI.   Open an exported .svg is notepad text editor can the file be read.    

Photoshop use of .SVG is a mixed up at best.  I use Photoshop to open Adoeb's Fresample svg file that was created using AI.  Photoshop imported it as a single pixels layer.  Then I exported it as an svg.  I have no problem opening it in Photoshop which imports the svg file like it imported the AI svg file looks the same.  The two files are not alike other then the images ther render.  Photoshop SVG data starts off like this:

image.png

AI svg starts like this you can see clearly it has layers.  Photoshop can not handle for lack of full svg support. It discards all AI layer and substitues as single raster layer

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution!

I had the same issue, so I tried a file conversion website and it worked 🙂 I used https://convertio.co/ and it's free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution?

I have the same problem with Wix and I don't want to use an online converter for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth, I have the same issue.  I've contacted Wix about it, but the first level support person didn't know what an SVG file was, so I'm awaiting an escalation.

I tried the online converter recommended above (and thank you for that).  I fed it my PSD, saved as SVG and the resulting file uploaded sucessfully to Wix.

It would be nice to know what's going on with Photoshop's SVG export however...

Owen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines