• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop takes forever to open any file if Graphics Processor is enabled.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys.

I've been researching this issue for the past several months across several versions of Photoshop, but I simply haven't been able to find a solution. I'm at my wit's end and am desperate for a solution.

Whenever my Graphics Processor is enabled, opening a file will take me between 45 seconds and 1 minute. This could literally be a basic, 512x512 JPEG avatar for Discord, up to a multi-layer PSD file. Zooming and panning feel smooth once it's loaded, but the loading itself takes forever. Panels slowly populate, the entire application hangs, and it's practically unusable until it fully loads. Once I turn my Graphics Processor off, opening files is snappy. However, zooming/panning are practically unusable with how slow they become. I feel like I have to compromise on one awful scenario or another, and I'm being charged a not-insignificant amount of money per month to make said compromise. I find this unacceptable.

Here's a list, in no particular order, of what I've tried:

• Resetting Preferences
  • Running Photoshop as Administrator
  • Changing Font Preview quantity
  • Changing Grid Subdivisions
  • Changing ALL options for Graphics Processor
  • Clean Reinstalling Photoshop
  • Clean Reinstalling Graphics Drivers
  • Updating Windows
  • Changing Recent Files Quantity
  • Moving Scratch Disks
  • Moving image files to same NVMe SSD as Photoshop

There might even be more I can't recall. None of these have fixed the issue. For posterity's sake, I'll post my PC's specs below:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite
  • GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti Mini
  • RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz
  • Windows 10 20H2 64-Bit
  • 1x 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD
  • 1x 2TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD (Games)
  • 2x 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD (Scratch, Media)

Help? Please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im in the same boat as you with this nonsense. Been having this issue on serveral different high end machines with the same results. I even have a 3080 and a 10700k over clocked to 5.3 and still no change its different this programing. Im honestly looking into a class action lawsuit regarding all these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines