• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop unstable and wanting to close generating error message after recent updates

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many other users, I processed all the recent CC updates and have noticed some abnormal program behavoir since the updates went into service. Prior to the updates, this had been a very stable iMac with no operational issues of any kind. 
If I'm editing in LrC and select the option to edit the image in PS, the results are mixed. PS either will not open or if it does, it's only on the second request attempt -- and once I've completed the edit, PS advises there has been an error and requests details about why the program closed. The dialogue box asking if I want to edit a copy with LrC updates does not always appear as it should before the image leaves LrC and opens in PS. 

In addition, LrC has genereated an internal error message saying, 'AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID: id must be a number or a string'. 

OS is Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reset preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Thank you for your speedy reply. I have followed your advice and for
the moment, all appears to be working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  Glad to know you're up & running again.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem all day. I did the updates yesterday 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop won't even open for me to go to properties? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your computer.

Right-click the PS icon and select Run As Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you're the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy and others

This is a follow-up to my orginal message about a problem with PS being unstable when I  selected <Edit image in PS> from within LrC. Again the problem only showed itself following a recent product update. 
After following Nancy's sugegstion concerning a potentially corrupt <PS Preferences> file, I beleived the issue was under control a week ago -- but I was wrong. Regretably, the issue reoccured, with exactly the same symptoms so I contracted Adobe Tech Support. Assuming I might not be the only person with the issue, I wanted to share the result of my linked Tech Support session with this Community. While I might have the actions slightly out of order, I beleive these were all the steps / reccomendations from the session:
- Recommendation -- always start applications from within the CC app and not an icon in your tray or the dock. According to Adobe, this keeps all applications permissions updated and also helps in a smoother workflow. Apparently it forces you to notice if there are product updates.

- Renamed the <PS Preferences> file to _old so PS generated a new Preferences file when it reopened. 

- From <Finder> select LrC and PS and right click <Get Info> for each, unlock the panel and add your user name and administrator for your machine to <Sharing and Permissions>

- In <Sytem Prefernces> select <Security & Privacy> and ensure both LrC and PS have Full Disk Access. I might have missed a step here about how the apps were selected, but perhaps someone can help with a detail.

It now appears that both LrC and PS are working properly together when I move back and forth between them for editing, Not sure what else I can add, but I hope you derive some value from this updated post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines