• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop version 6.0 product key

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, we recently switched an old PC with Windows XP to Windows 10, so we had to find the product key for our product which is an old Photoshop version 6.0, is there a way to retrieve that key from the old PC? And is it possible to use the same key for the new PC? Will Photoshop version 6.0 run on Windows 10 and where I can find the software and download it?
Thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're aware that Photoshop 6.0 was released in the year 2000 - twenty years ago?

It's vaguely possible that it could be installed in some kind of compatibility mode in Win 10, but don't expect it to work flawlessly or indeed at all. It's even possible that the serial number is still listed in your Adobe account, assuming you registered it. If not, there's no way to retrieve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know and Thanks for the answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign in with your Adobe user ID at Adobe.com manage your account look in the My products link.  Your serials for CS6 should be listed there.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is referring to version 6.0 (released in 2000) rather than CS6 (2012)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I am not really sure that our client register it back in 2000year we were not their technical support and there were other people supporting them, the client doesn't remember to have an adobe account which is bad, but still thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am similarly working on a Win7 PC, and updating to Win10. I currently have the desktop-installed, non-subscription based version of CS6, but it is not included on my Adobe products in my profile. I can see the Serial # in the 'System Info' under 'Help', but the digits listed are only 20 in length, and the Adobe registration area for my products states that SNs are 24 digits in length.

Is there any other area to see the product key information? Or is there some other trick to register it from the program itself to associate it with my Adobe ID?

Thanks

PhotograDave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I can see the Serial # in the 'System Info' under 'Help', but the digits listed are only 20 in length

The truncated serial number found there is intentional by Adobe to prevent casual piracy.

To obtain the full 24 digit serial number, run the free Belarc Advisor.

https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your talking about photoshop 6 (circa 2000) then yes it will run on windows 10 provided the free space on the drive is not more than 1TB. Photoshop versions older than CS (circa 2003) can't see drives with more than 1TB of free space and will give a "Scratch Disk Full" error and won't run.

No legal place i know of to download the ps 6 install files. You don't have a ps 6 install cd?

You can find the serial on the XP machine by going to Regedit and looking under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0.1\Registration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 6.0 with original install disk, and it installs fine, BUT, I had to get a new computer due to MS taking so much memory for updates, and the NEW Windows 10 version will not run my old Photoshop.  There is a note in install that is it trying to SHARE some type of scratch space wtih another program?  It works when install ends, BUT, then it will not reopen later, it says HARDWARE ERROR?
Honestly I am FINE using a 20 year old program with NO Montly fee, but Adobe now seems to have blocked that option, forcing me to use PAINT, or keep my old laptop JUST for Photoshop.  What a nightmare Adobe has become.  I hate monthly software fees?  Is there any way to tell PHotoshop to use another area for scratch during install?  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new HP computer with Windows 10.  I had been using Windows 7 for years and Photoshop 6.0 worked fine, even back in the Windows XP days.  But now with Windows 10, if I have the same problem, I get "error" messages when I try and open it up.  I am use to the simple use of 6.0 and don't want to spend $99 on Photoshop elements and struggle to learn this new photoshop.  I am in my 60's and not "high tech".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original Photoshop install discs with the serial number. BUT, Adobe  has changed the program so that it will not work on Windows 10, despite having all the discs and install data. Can't SOMEONE find a solution to patch the program to work on Windows 10. I do not need any new features, just the basic old program, BUT, if anyone gets as frustrated as I am with Adobe, you can get a free program on the web called LibreOffice, a tiny replacement but at least it is FREE.... Their image program is called DRAW. Shame on Adobe for not letting users who purchased Photoshop use it, and blocking the install feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the original discs and serial number.  I still get the error message as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines