• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will only do 1 Content Aware Fill for each visit and other quirky things

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will 'content aware fill' an object in photograph after I circle object with lasso tool.  It will not do a second object.  The lasso tool will mark it but the brush will not designate areas to be used for replacement.  Also, I have to designate areas to be used for the replacement by painting with the green 'paint' even though tutorials show Photoshop covering areas automatically.  It used to do that for me.  I may have clicked the wrong button unknowingly.

The sky replacement feature is often excellent but sometimes not.  In one case it installed a bush or tree on the horizon on the left edge.  The bush was not from my photograph.  Another occasion it left the original sky mostly intact but left what looked like sky that was compressed into a 1" wide verticle 'ribbon' that actually didn't look like anything but a mess.  On another occasion I used the healing brush to remove a lens flare toward the bottom of the picture then did the sky replacement.  When the new sky appeared the lens flare previously removed reappeared but it was in a square frame and basically white.  It would not respond to anything I tried until I removed the sky replacement then it disappeared.  On another occasion I deleted the sky replacement, went to the next couple pictures then went back and the sky replacement worked good.

The Mac OS and Photoshop are both up to date.  In case it matters, Topaz Sharpen, DeNoise and Gigapixel were all installed about a month ago.  I don't believe these problems just described have been happening the entire time since Topaz was installed but it has been happening for awhile.  Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot. Not able to follow what you did after you got the first successful content-aware fill and what you mean by second object. Do you mean a second layer or document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike. Unfortunately I am rounding up the livestock and won’t be back home for awhile. I’m taking a breather right now so will elaborate. After one distraction is eliminated using ‘content aware fill’ I encircled another distraction using the lasso tool. A pop up says for me to use the brush to highlight the area to be used for replacing the obstruction. I click on the brush but when I try brushing nothing happens. The usual green color that designates the chosen area does not show up. And content aware fill doesn’t cover the obstruction. Hopefully that clears things up. Again, thank you. Larry

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, hopefully the screenshot is attached.  Please note that along the left edge of the picture, up in the sky area there's a limb extending in from the left.  Also please note there is another branch extending  from the tree on the left edge of picture out 'into the canyon'.  Removing one of the limbs was very successful.  I tried it again today to see if it was still a problem and it is.  I removed the lower limb and PS did a great job, filling in the area so well it was impossible to see that anything had been removed.  However, when I click on Content Aware Fill for the other branch -up in the sky - the lasso tool had encircled the limb just fine and a popup box appeared instructing me to use the brush to select the area for PS to use for constructing the fill.  I click OK on the popup box but the brush doesn't work.  Also, if I try to use the healing brush after using Content Aware Fill the Healing Brush will not work - or vice versa.  So - Content Aware Fill is a one-time use tool per picture.  I will revisit one of these pictures where Content Aware Fill has been successfully used one time and not a second time and try it again.  Perhaps shutting the picture down awhile and then revisiting it will recharge the tool to do the fill one more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines