• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help: simple problem with Applescript and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within Photoshop CC 2017, I am working with Photoshop documents with approximately 900 layers, each containing nothing but a 1" x 1" shape created with the rectangle tool. The layers are named "Rectangle 1", "Rectangle 2", et. al. Through AppleScript, I wish to automatically color each shape with a hex color imported from information on an Excel spreadsheet.

I am not a programmer and struggling to get the syntax of AppleScript right. Nonetheless, I have gotten my scripts to do what I need with one exception: I don't seem to have the format of the commands to actually write color to each square. I can load the info from Excel into a variable which can be passed to the Photoshop part of the script, and my script selects the correct layers, but nothing I try changes the color of the shape. What set of commands colors a shape layer (or path item?) and colors it to a given hex code? It could be a color fill or a color overlay. I don't think it matters which.

I feel a bit like an idiot for not being able to figure this out, and I'm sure this is trivial for anyone with any expertise at all in AppleScript and Photoshop. Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?