• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset sync crashes all the time (FIXED)

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I went for the Present Sync option but after a short while I had a memory issue on my MacPro: PS was using a lot of it. After a while the machine was not responding at all. When I tried to disable the option a message said the sync was still in progress while trying to quit PS would say that I had to wait until the sync was completed. This lasted the night then the app crashed.

In other words it seems I'm unable to get out of it!

I repeated the process on my laptop with the same results, even deleting the settings.

Any similar issues/solutions? thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Hello,

Just to be sure, here is what it looked like on my configuration. Just transpose the folders structure to MacOS' one. To me, there's is no reason that it could work on some Macs but not others. Especially if it works on Windows too.

yKwt8Is5KA.png

If you want to try my second fix, I would recommend to reset PS Preferences before renaming your computer (can you even do that on MacOS ?). In my case, I was on fresh Windows installation, so I don't know if it work on an already messed up PS because of Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe the same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE SAME ISSUE
on mac mini M1 
3 days and all stay the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm having the same issue; however, I noticed that the preset syncing creates duplicates of duplicates, each time saving all the presets with an additional folder of the original presets and continues to keep adding them, essentially filling up my library. Then I got warnings that I have used all available slots for presets (i.e., swatches, brushes, shapes, styles, gradients, etc. ). Each time I quit then reopen Photoshop, it seems to be creating these new libraries containing the previous. It renames the new one with the next number (i.e., Shapes from SoandSosComputer 2, Shapes from SoandSosComputer 3, etc.) As I write this, I feel like I'm overlooking something simple and very basic, but alas, I'm lacking in connecting the dots.

Thanks for any guidance. 

Thank you. —JWJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tired already of Photoshop crashes and I have this same bug just as you. Excactly same happens here and I can not use Photoshop, neither my whole system if Photoshop is opened, because all of my RAM memory is taken for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, still no communication from Adobe about this bug ? Can't any employee browsing this pages tell us at least the issue is being worked on ? Being so silent about this bug and let users fix themselves crashes is just what we need to loose confidence in Adobe products and its continuous improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even did read a comment from an another user here that the Adobe Support CAN NOT help with that bug of Preset Sync. Seems that they even do not know about this fix that you shared with us. And I can believe that, because I have contacted so many times the support for another one bug where Select Subject and Neutral Filters are crashing on my system if the image seems to be more "hardy" for Photoshop, and they always are trying to fix the problem with same steps that never helps, like the renaming of the folder of my prefferences in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mycc_0-1618863783201.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... sorry for the screenshot. But it/I was not able to submit it within this form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the June release of Photoshop 22.4.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four months were needed to Adobe to fix such critical bug! Then why you will pay to have the latest version of Photoshop, when 4 months you can not use it and you have to install an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didnt fix it for me Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma I'm sorry to report that this issue is *not* fixed in Photoshop 22.5.1 on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma I'm sorry to report that this issue is *not* fixed in Photoshop 22.5.1 on Mac.

I can't even disable "Preset Syncing" because this happens...

1.  Photoshop hangs (beachball) after you specify "No" on the question "Would you like to keep the presets currently saved to your Creative Cloud account?"
  2. Trashing the preferences along with the entire "Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings" folder does not fix the issue. When re-launching Photoshop with default preferences, "Preset Syncing" remains enabled for some reason. Trying to disable it causes the same hanging issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines