Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing with photoshop not printing the right colours

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using photoshop to print and I am using the same file I have used before to print the colours perfectly. So it's not an issue with my monitor or needing to edit the image. Now the blues are coming out really dark and cool toned and other colours a dull too. I haven't changed any of the settings or maybe something has changed. Is there some sort of setting that changes the colours when I print? I am using printer manages colours which is what I think I used before and photoshop managing the colours came out really bad. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you wrote down all of the settings that gave you a "perfect" print?  Double check your Photoshop Color Settings and make sure they are the same as before.  In the printer ( driver ), you should be using the same settings as you did when you got the "perfect" print.  Are you using the same paper?  Is your file an RGB file or a CMYK file?  Make sure in your print dialogs you do not have the wrong color mode.  There are a lot of variables, but you should be able to reprint and get the same results you did last time.  Something has changed, you just have to find out what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings usually save so I didn't write it down but it all looks the same and comes up with the same dialogue boxes. I have tried to change the settings to see if those had been changed but they don't seem to be making a difference to the print. Thank you I will just have to figure out what went wrong because everything is the same, the same paper too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the file in Photoshop, is it asking you to assign a profile to it?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried opening the file with Illustrator and it prints well with the correct colours, must be an issue with photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tagging @D Fosse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines