Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem using dual brush

Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At left, the Brush Settings panel; at right, the Brushes panel.Brushes.JPG

In the Brush Settings panel, Dual Brush is activated.  I selected the Soft Round as my first brush.  I can select any brush displayed in the Brush Settings panel as the second brush.  However, the brush I want for a second brush is the Soft Round Tex OwlWing brush, which is a custom brush preset displayed at right in the Brushes panel.  This custom brush does not show in the Brush Settings panel; so I can’t select it as the second brush of the Dual Brush set.  Does anyone know how to get that custom brush to show in the Brush Settings panel so that I can select it as the second brush?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Dave, thanks for the response.  Edit>Define Brush shows me the new brush in the Brushes panel.  Also, I can go into Brush Settings and configure the brush.  However, as far as I can see, the only way I can use that new brush in a Dual Brush configuration is by selecting it as a Brush Tip Shape from among those illustrated in the Brush Settings panel.  I can't find the new brush tip in that panel.  Moreover, as a modus operandi, visually searching the boat-load of brushes illustrated in that pane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a single stamp from the brush with black on a white canvas. Then make a rectangular selection around it and use Edit - Define brush. That new brush should appear in your list of brushes in Dual brush settings (note it will not necessarily be at the end of the list)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks for the response.  Edit>Define Brush shows me the new brush in the Brushes panel.  Also, I can go into Brush Settings and configure the brush.  However, as far as I can see, the only way I can use that new brush in a Dual Brush configuration is by selecting it as a Brush Tip Shape from among those illustrated in the Brush Settings panel.  I can't find the new brush tip in that panel.  Moreover, as a modus operandi, visually searching the boat-load of brushes illustrated in that panel is very time consuming.  Do you know by what logic PS places a new tip shape into that panel? Is there a way to search that panel, identify the new brush tip, and select it as a Dual Brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized the problem: an embarrassingly basic error

In the brush drop down menu, it has the options: Brush Name, Brush Stroke, Brush Tip.  I was creating a new brush tip but I didn't have that option checked, so, naturally, the new brush tip was not showing up in the illustrations.  Sorry about that.  Again, thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad it is working for you now. When I tried this yesterday I couldn't see why it appeared at a certain place in the list, within the dual brush panel, and just had to look through for the new tip. One possible way to make it easy to spot - I defined my new brush in 16 bit, so it gets a small '16' in the corner. That was easy to pick out from the others. Then hovering over it confirmed the name.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines