• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with "Sticky" Modifier keys?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, I'm a bit new the forums.

I've been using Photoshop CC for years and have never experienced this problem. I'm running on a fairly new (1 year) Macbook Pro with a Cintiq 22HDTouch hooked up to it. Recently, seemingly out of nowhere, my Modifier keys have been "sticky"; when I use keys such as OPTION, COMMAND, CTRL,  or SHIFT, they get stuck even after I let go. I realized this wasn't a hardware issue when the same thing happens after using my cintiq's shortcut keys for the modifiers.

SHIFT and OPTION seem to be the ones that are making it near impossible for me to do my work. The others don't seem to be as big of an issue. Sometimes photoshop will register my shift key is being held when it's not, or its not registering when Shift is being held down. Same issue goes with Option. These problems only seem to occur while in the program.  I updated to the latest photoshop and that seemed to fix the issue for about 3-4 days, and now it's acting up again. I've restarted my computer, I've reinstalled the cintiq and wacom hardware, and I'm out of ideas on what could be causing the issue.

I had trouble finding any other forums with existing issues. If I could get some help ASAP, that would be extremely beneficial. Thank you in advanced,

Whit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

I've resolved the issue by installing the older Wacom Driver 6.3.15.3, and by removing all the Panels in the On-Screen Controls tab of the tablet Preferences Window.

I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

The last update seemed to fix it for me. Haven't noticed any sticky keys so far, let's hope this does it once and for all.

Driver Version 6.3.44-1 on a Mac with Big Sur 11.2.3 using Intuos Pro Large PTH-851.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy as well.

I tried to install that older driver and it doesnt seems to be compatible with latest OS on mac. so no solution at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted wacom support and they say that they are aware of the issue and it will be resolved in next driver release coming this summer, i really hope this solve the issue because its supper annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your welcome!  lol, I went through a long support case with Wacom for them to diagnose the issue.... hopefully they actually get it fixed!! its the worst glitch ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really annoying! i really hope its fixed on next driver release, otherwise i will consider switch to another brand or just go back to my mouse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last update seemed to fix it for me. Haven't noticed any sticky keys so far, let's hope this does it once and for all.

Driver Version 6.3.44-1 on a Mac with Big Sur 11.2.3 using Intuos Pro Large PTH-851.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines