• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program error

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to open some file or create a new file, I'm getting a message saying cannot complete my request because of a program error. Even I can't watch a tutorial. If I try to do it several times, I can't even exit the program because of the same message. I've tried deleting font caches and photoshop 2020 folder, reinstalling a photoshop program fully two times and updating windows10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Hello, updating to Photoshop 22.1.1 fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

IF the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help/check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! The problem was my computer system specification. I'm changing a graphic card and adding a ram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, updating to Photoshop 22.1.1 fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

IF the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help/check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post... but I am working in PS 22.3 this week and everything was peachy until today.

Once again I am getting an error message on my welcome screen, when i try to close the program or attempting to open any format including a PSD.

I am running windows 10 everything is fully updated.

I keep hitting this with every update.

error PS 2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded from CS4 to CC (22.3.0) on my work computer. And I'm getting the same error messages as Jealous points out. I get the error messages when I try to access any of the menus within Edit > Preferences. 

According to my IT dept. I have sufficient hardware to run the program. 

Win10 (64)

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.40 GHz

Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

General Command.pngPerformance Command.pngWorkspace Command.pngEdit_Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem I've had on my machine at home, but not on my work computer. I believe it has to do with PS not handling specific errors with the graphics cards. My machine is 11 years old, but it's still beefy enough to run Photoshop (16 GB RAM, Core i7-2600...)  But the graphics card I have in that computer is a GeForce GT 530. Which is the one that came with the machine.

In a situation where this was the computer that I was relying on day-in/day-out, I would have upgraded the whole machine, but this is my Home PC.

I'm looking forward to getting home to see if 22.3.1 (released today) is going to fix the problems with the error dialogs.

Either that or it will be time to upgrade the computer or at least the graphics card to something a bit more modern and with more capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now getting this same error. Very suddenly a few days ago - came out of nowhere. I'm on a brand new HP Core 9 Z-Book with 32 Gig RAM and 8GB NVidia GEForce RTX 2080 Max-Q.

Photoshop was perfectly happy on this machine, but suddenly the other day, no more play ball!

Really frustrating - program opens, then as soon as you try to open a file it gives the Program Error message. The only way to close it down then is through task manager. Even trying to close it from with Photoshop gives the program error. Grr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The latest version started to do this. Rolled back 2 versions, worked for a while, then started to get this stuff again. Upgraded to the 1 before the latest. Worked for a while - then again. Annoying as hell, have this BS happening on 2 computers now, a brand new gaming laptop and a desktop...  The photoshop versions shuffling sucked all of my internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating huh?

FYI, I have managed to get Photoshop to run stably by turning off all the accelerators and extended CPU/GPU functions (not sure which exactly, just whenever I found an option in preferences or elsewhere to run things slower, I turned it to the slow option). So now I have Photoshop working ok, but it means I may as well have stayed with my old machine, since I'm basically not getting the benefit from my hardware upgrades. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, at least it can open files and work like that, thank you. The most bizarre now is it gives of the same error when I try to close it still. So it cannot save this change to preferences now and I'll have to turn the GPU usage off every time I launch the thing... marvelous. Well, at least I can do some work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting this issue now too, with the latest version of Photoshop. Can't open anything, can't close the program. Always the same error. Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines