Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties Panel does not show Masks: Unable to feather or refine mask

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm working through some video tutorials on Lynda and wondering if anyone can assist me in figuring this out. My Properties panel does not show the options for refining the Masks, or changing the feathering or the density. I've attached a photo of the tutorial that I'm following, where she is adjusting the Hue/Saturation layer via the Properties panel. But when I go do the same, my Properties panel is greyed out and I can't click on anything. It says no mask selected. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm working on a Macbook Pro. Any help would be appreciated! 

Kat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see on your properties panel info that no mask is selected, that is why you do not have sliders active. It is strange because your mask is activated in Layers panel from what I can see.

Wait someone else with Mac or try to reset preferences what is general advice for all things strange in Photoshop. Save any unsaved actions and presets prior preference reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem all the time and I can't figure out why. If anyone has tips, please share!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kattltude I might have found a work-around for this. For me at least, when I create an empty mask on a layer, as long as that mask stays empty, I am still able to edit the mask settings in the property panel. It's only when I start adding to the mask that the properties panel will break and say "no mask selected," and all the settings become grayed out. However, if I add the mask and then immediately change a setting in the properties panel to a random number, and then start adding to the mask, that somehow keeps the properties panel from breaking. I can edit the mask as normal and continue to use the properties panel settings.  Hope that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines