• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 22.3.0 flattens all layers upon saving.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a document with approx. 12-15 layers and saving it, it has been flattened when I re-open it. How can I get my layers back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have saved it as PSD file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new iMac yesterday and experienced the same thing.  First I had to deal with the whole "Save a Copy" BS to find the .jpeg option, and now when I open the original .psd the layers are gone. Does anyone have an answer to getting the layers back? This sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saved exactly how? A screen capture would be useful. Of course, the format selected can flatten the image. What OS?

If you saved a flattened format over the original, it's “gone”.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines