Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 22.4.1 wants to open all PSD files as FontExplorer X Pro files

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.4.1, Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.1, iMac Pro 2017

Ever since the update to 22.4, Photoshop has been defaulting to recognizing any PSD file that I double click on or use Command O to open as a FontExplorer X Pro file and will freeze/crash. I have to go to File > Open and navigate to the file and change the Format in the drop down menu in the Open screen to PSD before I can open any files. This is even on files I just saved as PSDs - doesn't matter if they are saved locally to my hard drive or cloud storage.

And yes, you're first suggestion is to select a PSD in the Finder and do Get Info and make sure the Default program under Open With is Adobe Photoshop. I've done that dozens of times on dozens of files, again on my local machine and cloud storage.

Here is a screenshot of the Open screen I see for every PSD file I try to open. Under Format, every time, it is defaulting to FontExplorer X Pro. I don't even know why that would be an option let alone how it get set to that.
Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 9.28.54 AM.png

It works correctly when opening non-PSD file formats — TIF, PSB, JPG, etc. Just PSD is messed up. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott5cd4 wrote:

And yes, you're first suggestion is to select a PSD in the Finder and do Get Info and make sure the Default program under Open With is Adobe Photoshop. I've done that dozens of times on dozens of files, again on my local machine and cloud storage.

Can you also show the bottom section of your Get Info panel? When did you install FontExplorer X Pro? It looks like that application may have taken over your PSDs and is causing the issue.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Get Info on the above image

jane-e_0-1622307287608.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My IT dept installed both FontExplorer and the Adobe Suite on this machine around the same time - probably FontExplorer first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines