• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS adds automatically rounded corners when i draw a rectangle

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last or the update before, photoshop just adds automatically rounded corners to my (path)rectangles, which is pretty annoying because I've to reset them to zero every time i draw a rectangle.

I assume it's somehow written in a cache file or something but I can't find a cache folder which belongs to photoshop.

I've to say that the state of quality which InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are in at the moment, are not very professionel.

Thanks you in advance for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

This is a really subtle thing resulting from how they updated rounded corners for the Rectangle tool. Before you create your next rounded corner rectangle, look in the options bar and see what the value is for rounded corner radius. Whatever is in there is the current default value. If you do not want rounded corners, make sure it’s set to 0 (zero).

Photoshop-Rectangle-rounded-corner-default.jpg

They set it up that way so that professionals could easily set any default they want for the corner radius of the Rectangle tool. For example,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really subtle thing resulting from how they updated rounded corners for the Rectangle tool. Before you create your next rounded corner rectangle, look in the options bar and see what the value is for rounded corner radius. Whatever is in there is the current default value. If you do not want rounded corners, make sure it’s set to 0 (zero).

Photoshop-Rectangle-rounded-corner-default.jpg

They set it up that way so that professionals could easily set any default they want for the corner radius of the Rectangle tool. For example, if you are creating web buttons for a project and need all of their corners to be 6px radius, you can set the default in the options bar and you will be all set drawing 6px radius corners by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's not a 'subtle' change, but rather annoying one. Not the fact there's a way to change corners, but that they are set to anything but 0 as default. I would argue more users are using the rectangle tool to mask off media with straight corners, than users creating rounded buttons. In any way it's an arbitrary 10px as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@15kstudios.com wrote:

Not the fact there's a way to change corners, but that they are set to anything but 0 as default...it's an arbitrary 10px as default.

I just did a test by resettting Photoshop preferences to their defaults, and the factory default for Rectangle tool rounded corner radius is 0px, not 10px.

You’re not stuck with the default anyway. If you change the values in either the options bar or the Create Rectangle dialog box, what you entered (such as 0px) sticks for subsequent new rectangles you create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conrad! After completely whiping my prefs and re-launching my system the problem actually went away — thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines