Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Self-Deleting Actions

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community. 
PS has been doing this a while and now I am fed up. 
Nothing has changed, I haven't updated the program and it shut down properly. But for the last 6 months or so, it has been self-deleting actions that I have made. Not all of them, just a few here and there. Some stay and some go. It is absolutely infuriating, so much so I am about to abandon Adobe completely and find a different editing program. 4 days ago I made a brand new, 6 step action and it is just gone. It seems like it keeps reverting back to previous settings? Because even some of the preferences that I have set don't seem to be there when I open the program back up (i.e. rulers and grids. I used them ONCE and now I have to turn them off every time I open the program). 
Please help me. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer in another post by

Derek Cross

This is a user-to-user support forum, if you have an issue we can help with indicate your version, OS and the problem. If you want to give feedback to Adobe use this link: Links & resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feedback forum is one of many links on the site you gave, which is a good site, thanks!

Here's the direct link for the developers: Adobe Photoshop Family

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this answer, who is writing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To keep your actions, you need to save the Set (folder) they are in every time you make a change to one of the actions in the Set. Then you can Load them from the Actions panel menu if needed. 

Since other preferences aren't saving, the most common reason is a permissions issue for the Preferences folder. Check that in Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer (or with your IT department at work.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you click Action folder go to Actions panel menu and save it on the disk. But first reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

After you click Action folder go to Actions panel menu and save it on the disk. But first reset your preferences.

Isn't the reverse order better, as resetting preferences will delete any unsaved action sets?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is, but I meant something different. To keep actions it's good to store them 'physically', but I think that is not main problem here. Original poster mentioned self actions deletion happens every once for a time, so the cause of it might be for ex. broken preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop – Custom Action File Backup & Migration

"...best practice is to manually save out each action set individually to a .atn (action) file using the menu on the upper right of the action palette window".

Backup-Photoshop-Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines