• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSDT File Thumbnail

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, anyone, help me to view the PSDT format file thumbnail in the folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnails in the operating system dialogues, which include File- Open and File - Save  depend on having a suitable codec installed in your operating system. There are several available for Windows if you search.

As an alternative, you could use Adobe Bridge to browse.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

In Adobe Bridge I couldn't view the thumbnail image. i can view the PS icon only. If there is any setting to be done please let me know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason you are not using Adobe Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PSDT is a PSD file IIRC, just has a different file type so Photoshop knows how to handle it. But the operating system probably doesn't recognize it so you don't get a thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all great info, but is there an actual solution? Having licensed files direct from Adobe it would be nice to be able to actually open the files knowing what they are via a thumbnail, I have tried various solutions including Bridge but none work making it impossible to have a smooth workflow, bad enough we have to use 3rd party software to see PSD files in windows... now this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Bridge does not show a preview of PSDT files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Venkat5EA3  and @JonathanOwen :

First, do you see the thumbnails in any of the Workspaces in Bridge?

Try this answer from @Norman Sanders in another thread. View > Refresh worked for that user. If it doesn't, then try resetting Preferences for Bridge.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-is-not-showing-thumbnails-where-can-i-recti...

BEC5FD73-0484-48FC-B7A2-75FF3DF569A7.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, unfortunately I see all thumbnails except those from PSDT files. I have tried refreshing and resetting but neither works. According to Lumigraphics (above) there is no support for PSDT thumbnails in Bridge which I find ridiculous considering they are not only created by Adobe but they are also not viewable in windows either, especially when files from Adobe Stock are labelled sequentially rather than informatively. Leaving me with folders with numerous large PSDT files that I have to open one by one to find what I am looking for... I feel like it's 1998 again. Can anyone assist please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous or not, that's what Bridge supports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge aside, is there no 3rd party solution anyone is aware of? I had to use a 3rd party solution to see PSD file thumbnails so I'm hoping there's support for PSDT too. 

Just to reiterate the fact that Adobe doesn't see this, or the lack of support for thumbnails in Bridge as an issue is baffling. To the point that I can only assume it's an intentional thing as there's little other explanation since the solution is clearly possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSDT files should show up in Bridge if this video is correct. What am I missing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOmsz6cGtI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gener7 wrote:

What am I missing?

The only time Deke McClelland has Bridge open in this video is when he renames the extension on a file from .psd to .psdt in Bridge to convert it into a template. Then he opens the file and we never see Bridge again so we don't know if it displays or not the next time he opens Bridge.

I've just watched Deke's video six hours after my own post and did not intentionally choose the same template file that he did. 😊

I can't test this because I'm on a Mac and Deke is a Windows user.

On a side note, the YouTube channel is by Kandahar Digitalku and he does not mention or credit Deke for his video. I'll send a note to Deke to let him know his property has been stolen.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to reiterate the fact that Adobe doesn't see this, or the lack of support for thumbnails in Bridge as an issue is baffling.

By @defaultjeevnx8760ik

Hi

Here is Adobe Bridge on macOS:

janee_1-1632948856903.png

Here is the Open dialog on macOS:

janee_2-1632948978091.png

The lack of support is from Windows, not Adobe. Photoshop templates (and documents) are visible on macOS in both Bridge and Photoshop.

Did you install a codec for Windows as suggested by @davescm  in the first reply in this thread?

EDIT: Strikethrough added to last sentence.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually - I need to apologise for my earlier post. PSD is viewable in the Windows version of Bridge but PSDT is not. I don't know the reason for that. I would suggest posting in the Bridge forum.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines