Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An Unknown Error Occurred" while using Export As in Photoshop 22.3 on macOS

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm struggling because on a regular basis my 'export as' function will stop working indiscriminantly. It's usually after I've closed and reopened a file at another time, but I don't know what the contributing factor is that's causing the error.

Looking at the forums this seems to be a really common problem but it doesn't have one single casue/solution. My release is 22.3.0 on Mac. But the issue has pervaded across the last few updates for about 6 months.

Thanks.

Alex

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the error while using Export As. Would you mind telling us which macOS version you're working on? Have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps?

If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Bid Sur, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/3dFRlyi

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on Mac BigSur

I have followed these guidelines and it seems to be working again at the moment. I will let you know if it happens again!

Thanks for your help,

Best,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex,

Glad the steps helped! Let us know if you experience the issue again.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines