• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete your request because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access pe..."

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this error when opening Ps, when attempting to save any kind of setting, and when closing the program:

"Could not complete your request because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder."

I've also been through this error troubleshooting, but my issue does not occur when opening and saving files:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

All application and ~/Library permissions have been set to read/write for all users.

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Ps.

Running Ps 22.4.1 on macOS 10.14.6 on a Mid-2015 MBP

I also receive this error on Ps 21.2.8 and 20.0.9 when closing the program - only. Lastly, this error does not occur on Ps 14.0

Thank you for any insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your user profile an administrator on this Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines