• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140_CODEVT_IDS.dll was not found."

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC was working fine before Windows updated and I got this code. Will only show when I start from start menu, won't open at all from Creative Cloud. 

Searched around and found that other Windows users had this issue, but fixed it by downloading Visual C++ Redistributable. I did this, restarted. Have unistalled and reinstalled Photoshop and even tried older versions. No dice. Any help would be appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Oop, I figured it out haha

Just posting in case anyone else stumbles across this though.

So yes, it was the Visual C++, which you can download here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

My error was downloading the wrong one. To find out which system you're running on, press start+i > system > about >  system type. For example, I needed the x64 file. 

ALSO, not sure if it matters, but before this I deleted all other V

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oop, I figured it out haha

Just posting in case anyone else stumbles across this though.

So yes, it was the Visual C++, which you can download here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

My error was downloading the wrong one. To find out which system you're running on, press start+i > system > about >  system type. For example, I needed the x64 file. 

ALSO, not sure if it matters, but before this I deleted all other Visual C++ by going through start+i > apps > type in "visual" and uninstall every version before you download the correct one from the link above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to download them again. Just repair them.

From Adobe Support. This fixes the problem, with Goddess as my witness.

Please check with the below steps.

Search Control panel in the search box.
>Programs
>Programs and feature
>There will be 7 Microsoft C++ files with the computer icon in the list.
>You have to repair the files individually.
>Right click on the first file and click on Uninstall
>Click on Repair.
>Close

Please follow the steps for all the 7 files with the Computer Icon at the front.

Once the steps are performed please restart you PC and relaunch the application and check once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines