• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-registering CS3

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something happened on my computer a couple of weeks ago and the registration information for CS3 was lost. 'No big deal' I thought - I grabbed the serial number and entered it, but this is when things got really weird.

I was shown the error message 'Registration - Connection Failure'. I sent a note to Adobe and they told me that the URL associated with registering CS3 has been shut down and that I should buy the newest version. No way - I want my CS3 without regularly being asked to register it. Can you please point me to a solution. Yes, this is a legit copy for which I paid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

CS3 activation servers have been retired some while ago. It is impossible to get CS3 products activated. As long as they stay activated they continue running. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

For a awhile Adobe did provide an activation free CS3 along with a new serial number in exchange for the old CS3 serial number as proof of ownership. That offer has long since expired.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/re-activating-cs3/td-p/9609319

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Thanks for the shout-out, Jane!

It appears the problem is that the CS3 activation doesn't work any longer (which has been the case for some years), rather than the link or download itself.

At least, that seems to be clarified further below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 activation servers have been retired some while ago. It is impossible to get CS3 products activated. As long as they stay activated they continue running. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is full of ***. from the webpage you cited "The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired." This statement is total BS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a awhile Adobe did provide an activation free CS3 along with a new serial number in exchange for the old CS3 serial number as proof of ownership. That offer has long since expired.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/re-activating-cs3/td-p/9609319

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are going to be s.o.l. Adobe will reply with rough answers, but if you read the EULA carefully it probably gives them every right. They are not in the business of doing all things for all users.

You did not detail your process, I presume you tried to reinstall and it balked at the registration. My hope is that you got good use out of it over the years, and that $10 a month paid once a year is not too big a hurdle for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm retired, I have no intention of paying for what's mine. Adobe support gave me a link, then connection was lost. The link doesn't work. (pro design tools). If I can't get a pre-registered version of cs3, I'll go elsewhere, and there are options.

There is no limitations on length of service on the software's use. This is a bad way to do business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @freshgarbage 

You might want to look at PS Elements, but be sure to try the trial first if you have an older system. There are two problems with your plan:

• much of the older software you can purchase comes with malware
  • you still won't be able to activate CS3 even if you install it. The activation servers for CS3 are gone.

Can you post the broken link for @ProDesignTools? He will want to fix it.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the shout-out, Jane!

It appears the problem is that the CS3 activation doesn't work any longer (which has been the case for some years), rather than the link or download itself.

At least, that seems to be clarified further below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those with up-to-date operating systems, they might like to consider the Photography Plan. You get the latest version of Photoshop (2021 – 22.4.2) plus updates as they become available and Lightroom and some cloud storage for about $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad part, I have invested a lot of money in third party add ons, and they are worthless now.

The link he gave me was https://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html#sa_src=web-messaging. He told me that I could download a trial version of cs3 there, and my key would work. It doesn't.

• Case number: ADB-19146098-Z6K8
  • Issue: Disconnected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlimited license is 99 years

I bought 5.5, 7 and cs3, I won't be buying old software, but new not from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unrealistic to expect 14-year-old software, wherever you licence it from to work with present-day operating systems. Try the free trial version of Photoshop and see the new features – look forward, not back and enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was on a 2020 Dell windows 10 16gb 512 solid state drive when the computer had to be re-set, wiping out the program. You have to little faith in the coders and programmers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software contiues to work on an activated system. It's just not possible anymore to activate CS3 on a new one. 

BTW: you can thank the software pirates for this. 

BTW2: I have licences of Wordstar, dBase, Borland Pascal, Borland C++, Corel Draw I don't know what versions and probably none of those are working on my current system. I don't blame the companies for that. Some are out of business know, Adobe still has the fortune to do busines. But sorry, it does not business with software out of support. 99 years is a long time and it's even longer in computer business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't buy the pirates story, along with the other 20 excuses I have heard. With three licensed versions, there is no way I am a pirate. Adobe needs to take care of it's customers if it expects to survive, otherwise others will catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@freshgarbage wrote:

Don't buy the pirates story, along with the other 20 excuses I have heard. With three licensed versions, there is no way I am a pirate.

Noone says that you are a pirate. You are just experiencing troubles because Adobe needed to take action against pirates.

And there is no way that Adobe takes care of products as old as 12+ years. As long as the software works, it works. If it doesn't work anymore then you are on your own. When the community can help it will help. In your case, the community can't help. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines