• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Files Display Disappeared

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is rapidly becoming the program you love to hate!  Every time I make a change, seven other things change as well!

Windows 10, Photoshop CC 22.4.2.  My display that used to show recent files when I started Photohop is gone.  When Photoshop opens, all I get in the center is a blank screen.  I've opened a file, edited it, saved it, restarted Photoshop.  No help.  The web tells me to go to Edit> Preferences> General and click on Show "Recent Files" Workspace When Opening A File.  My system does not display that option!  I forget where the number of files to display option is, however it is set to 20.

Help!
Gerry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're BACK!  Somehow or other, my opening screen now displays recent files!!  I don't recall having done anything!  The last thing I did was to one more time, go into my Preferences> General screen to compare it to what I saw on everyone else's screen according to Google.  I made NO CHANGES!

Can someone attempt to explain this to me?

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gerry5478 ,

I am answering this after reading your post in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum, where you said that this one wasn't answered.

Without screen shots, I can only guess at some possibilities, and I can think of two:

• On the left side, possibly something other than "home" was chosen
    00338E1F-075C-473D-A65F-A654E0C57588.jpeg

• On the right side, possibly something was typed into Filter
    6A75FB83-2691-4735-ABC0-E58B99737B2D.jpeg

If your recent images were still missing from the Home Screen, I would suggest going to File > Recent to see if they were still listed there and posting a screen shot of your Home Screen so we could examine it. 

I'm glad they've returned, and other volunteers on this forum may have ideas as to what happened.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just received email from Adobe titled "Did you get the answer you needed?"  Here's my answer.....

After submitting this message in the forum, I called Adobe for assistance.  The person who answered asked to take control of my computer.  I permitted it, reluctantly.

I am happy to say that the fellow solved me problem.  HOWEVER, I soon discovered that in so doing, he had screwed up Photoshop so badly, it took me the better part of three days (so far) to get it back to the way I had it set up.  For instance, the wheel on my trackball (Windows 10) no longer controlled the zoom but moved the photo up and down.  That was one of the easier problems to solve.  I still haven't solved all the problems.  For instance, my display screen shows scroll bars and the image doesn't automatically center itself as it once did.  I have no idea where to correct this!

All in all, I am COMPLETELY disgusted with Adobe technical support!  What this dork did to me was, instead of addressing my problem, he ran a macro which solved the problem but didn't stop there.  I have had occasion to work with tech support at Topaz Labs where I had to allow the tech to take control of my computer.  He was pleasant, explained everything he was doing and even made a few other changes which made my using the Topaz program easier to use.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines