• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red contrast stitching not showing up in jpegs from iphone 11

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am taking pictures of automotive leather seat covers with an iphone 11 pro max. I sell them, so they are just laid out on a whiteboard background. I am having issues with black ones that have red contrast stitching. The red gets washed out by the time I email the photos to myself (I am saving them in jpeg setting on the iphone), save them to a folder, then open in PS. I know how to enhance the red when it is there, but sometimes it is so washed out, I have to zoom in with the pencil tool, and color each individual thread. Maybe this is more of an iphone or photography question? I have thought about getting an actual digital camera for the task, but idk... will that matter? Is it just my lighting? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thought about getting an actual digital camera... 

===========

A resounding YES to that! 

Latest generation iPhones and iPads have 12 megapixels cameras which is OK for social media posts.  But that's not what you're doing is it?

A good entry level DSLR will give you much greater detail and a lot more pixel data to work with.  Good lighting is essential too.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-entry-level-dslr-camera

https://photographylife.com/best-entry-level-dslrs

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly endorse @Nancy OShea's advice. In the interim and as a salvage technique, I suggest you post one of the troublesome black/red files. You may be able to create a mask from Lab Color's  a  channel and use that  to beef up the reds and avoid stitch-by-stitch methods. It would be helpful if you post the image in its original size.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try Lightroom on your iPhone and enhance the image before you bring it over to Photoshop first. But yes, there is no substitute for a digital camera!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the advice. Just to update. I did purchase a dslr. I actually ended up with 2. A Nikon D3500 and D5300. Both with 18-55 kit lenses. Was watching/bidding on both and ended up with both. I sell a lot on ebay, so I will just sell one back on there. But anyway, will keep you posted once I get them and do some tests. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update. You guys were right! It is like night and day. Pics are perfect now. Much easier to process and colors are excellent. Stitching colors show perfect. I wish I had done this thousands of pics ago lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines