• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Background Functionality not doong an impeccable Job ? Help !

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Remove Background Functionality that is in-built in Photoshop the one which is in Windows>Properties sections. And when I run it on the image I have. I notice it is not doing an impeccable job as in, the Auto Remove Background us chipping off, eating some portion of the subject on my image. What would be the best way to rectify it ? And make it to normal? I know there are quite a few but I am looking for something which foes a reliable job and does with precision.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Select subject then refine with select and  mask to create a good mask to remove the background well. For Remove background did  an unacceptable removal on that image.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many ways to remove a background. JJMack has given you a solid suggestion. If you post a screenshot we can give you more ideas. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check this attached screenshot, The stations that I am doing is, I am uploading the photo and then running Select Subject Tool so the select subject tool is missing certain portions of the Ear as you can see in the already masked image and besides that is the how the original looks.

I have done this on the iPad Pro. Same happens on the Desktop Version aswell.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* That was  Typos*

What I meant was "The Steps that I am doing is"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect extraction is not always possible and automatic selection tools will always have problems with some images content.  In these images you have to work at making an acceptable extraction.  Masking is the best method for its is none destructive. You can always improve the mask to recover image detail.  It take knowledge and practice to be able create and acceptable mask. Some images require fudging it some.  If it was easy automatic background removal would always be perfect.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me the exact steps and tool on how to go about doing Masking and then how and which tool to use to recover image detail ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just expecting some tool to remove background that always works, without detailed knowledge or study of the problem and particular photo? This is a skilled process that an expert can still charge money for, not magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping this would come, some smart dude coming and giving a Lecture on how Life should be Lived ! and Blahhh..Blahhhh. Thank You Sir yfor your Philosophical Advice. But I dont need it !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. There is no extra charge for philosophical advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now again you are doing selective reading...I said I dont need it !! lol !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did tell you the exact steps. "knowledge and practice"  You gain knowledge and practice what you learn to become an extraction expert. There is no one way the are many ways and many useful tools.  Which ways works best depends on subject matter and how well you have practice.   For with practice you will gain the knowledge to know which ways will work best for the current image you want to extract..

https://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+masking+tutorial&oq=Photoshop+masking+tutorial&aqs=chrome.... 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack gave you the best solution to remove your background. Here is a link on Adobe to show you how to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines