• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove parchment background from illustration

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this image where I want to remove the parchment background so that it can cohesively tie in with our white background theme as the client wants to use it on their truck but I feel leaving the parchment clashes with the black and white design we've already done. Backstory - we've sourced all these old original illustrations from the nursery and had them scanned proffessional - black ones have been used for majority of the design and easily removed the parchment paper but they want this one included as well. 

I can obviously meticiulously mask around it but I'm wondering if there's an easier way - it's been a few years since I've brushed up on my photoshop skills. I plan on then colour correcting afterwards as the white of the rose is being changed by the paper colour.

When using select and mask it only picks up the 3 roses but not the full bouquet which in my opinion have quite contrasting colours to the backgroundScreen Shot 2021-05-30 at 6.05.44 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try frequency separation which breaks the image into two layers - one with the detail and the other with the tones.

Carry out your colour correction on the low frequency layer and spotting on the high frequency layer.

A quick and dirty example below - which needs more work but gives the general idea

2021-05-30_10-39-30.jpg

To separate :

1. Make two duplicates - Name the lower "Low Frequency" and the upper "High Frequency"

2. Select the "Low Frequency Layer" and use Filter Gaussian Blur (around 6.0 usually works)

3. Select the "High Frequency" layer
Go to Image Apply Image

Set the source to "Low Frequency"

Set Blending to Subtract

Scale 2

Offset 128

Click OK

Set the High frequency layer blending mode to Linear Light

The above settings are for 8 bit /channel images for 16 bit, in apply image use:

Blending mode Add

Check Invert

Scale 2

Offset 0

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines