Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Some Recent Projects From Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

My question is how can I remove a single recent project from Photoshop. 
You know when you open PS and before starting a new project, PS shows you thumbnails of your most recent projects. It is usually very helpful, but I have run into a problem.

I had to edit a more "naughty" picture for a friend and this thumbnail is now staying in my recent projects. It is not appropriate when I open PS infront of a client and would like to remove only that single project. I tried deleting the source file and everything connected to it, but PS still remembers the picture enough to show me a preview everytime I open the program.  

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried File > Open Recent > Clear Recent File List? 

And it doesn’t matter what the image’s subject was; just imagine doing work for two competing companies – one would probably not want to have them notice that. 

Though if one works on images that may be subject to confidentiality the Home Screen might best be avoided altogether. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did work, but it removed all recent projects (as suspected).
I was wondering if it would be possible to remove only one or two of these recent files.  
Maybe that is something that the PS developpers might want to look into. 
Nevertheles, it was still helpfull. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really need to remove some of the recent files then try to move file on some other location, click on thumbnail and Photoshop will inform you that file does not exist on that location and whether you want to remove thumbnail. This is quick work around that comes to my mind because I know what is happening when file is missing or moved to new location. It is not elegant but may help you sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That workaround seems to have the desired results. Thank you for your advice.
But still, seems like the PS developpers should look into this.

A simple "right click + remove" or an "x" icon on the top right corner would do a relly good job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I haven’t been able to locate any definitive candidate for storing the recent files’ list in the Application Support- or Preferences-folders. 

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 15.26.06.png

seemed plausible but it seems to contain no file pertaining to Photoshop … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines