• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing the "Save As" File Format Options Ruined My Childhood, How Dare They!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first post here, I'm a Windows user.  Is there anyway they can return this?  My life has been unbearable since they removed it.  I spend hours flipping through folders finding where to "Export As" or "Quick Save As" when I switch from one project to another.  Do they not realize people work on more than one project at a time these days?

Untitldfgdfkljklged-1.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

With the release of 22.4.2, Photoshop has allowed the option  for the legacy Save As...

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/saving-images.html#revert-legacy-save-option

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user support forum, it's best to address your complaint to Adobe via their feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com

There's a forum discussion going on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/p-save-as-formats-have-disappeared-photoshop-22-4/td-p/1203...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of 22.4.2, Photoshop has allowed the option  for the legacy Save As...

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/saving-images.html#revert-legacy-save-option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweet!  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you are Povich, you've been listened to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Rather than act as it has across applications on all computers for decades"

What? Where did you find that? Who is Jaron Schneider? He has absolutely no idea what he's talking about - or he deliberately distorts the facts. Here are the real facts:

1. No other application on the planet can directly save out a jpeg from complex data (16 bit, layers, transparency etc.). You have to launch a full Export.

2. Photoshop added this functionality in CS5 in 2010. Prior to that, it was not possible, anywhere.

3. The whole question is moot if the file already satisfies the jpeg specification (flat, 8 bit etc). Any application, including Photoshop in all versions, can save a jpeg in that case.

See, this is what we have to deal with. People believe what they want to believe, without bothering to check the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so that's the petapixel piece everybody's talking about, I haven't read it. Well, it doesn't exactly help when it starts right off with gross misinformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to read pretty far to get to the part that says,

"The changes to the application may be due to Apple, but they affect all users."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines