• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reopening timeline gif causes it to freeze

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to make gifs and having a speed problem. I need each frame to be at .05, but when I convert it to a video timeline, do my edits, and then save out using "save for web," it saves as .07 (notably slower).

Sometimes I can then re-open the saved gif, and in the regular timeline change it to .05 and save, without issue. Tedious, but workable. However, about half the time, when I open the gif, this will happen:

suffering.pngThe first few frames will open fine, and then it'll stop on one frame, and just duplicate that one over and over for the rest of the time.

Photoshop version 2020, and I'm on Windows 10. It's happened on smaller gifs (about 250 width) or larger (550 width), anywhere from 2 to 8mb. All under 200 frames, current ones I'm working on are about 75.

Does anyone know how to either make it save properly the first time, or why it might be freezing when I reopen them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you using the latest release of photoshop?

Have you tried to reset the preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Or to completely reinstall it?

https://helpx.adobe.com/en/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lag speed could have to do with running low on ram/resources. If none of the other suggestions work, I would save and do a hard restart of the computer. Sometimes that just gives your computer a reset and it comes back strong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines