• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing handles disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching for the answer, but it's alluding me!

Since the update I cannot find how to switch on the handle guides when resizing. I have to try and guess where the edge of the image is until the cursor changes shape.

Can any help tell me how to switch the guides back on?

Thanks

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool are you using? Show a screen capture...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say you have an object you want to resize, you go:

Edit > Transform > Scale

Normally you would have a box appear around it with points in each corner and middle sides/bottom/top.

These are not appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear when using the warp tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 22.41.29.png

See top right of pic. Have you enabled Show Transform Controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have that checked. Seems something is wrong, maybe since updating the computer to Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for saving my butt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Photoshop Preferences, General, "Reset Preferences on Quit". After quitting Photoshop and relaunching, transform controls appear as they should. You'll lose all of your Photoshop preference settings, so you'll need to go through all your preferences settings and put them back the way you like them. I suggest making screen shots of all the different preference settings before you reset them to make it easier to set it back up the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of resetting the preferences doesn't work trash the preferences file and restart Photoshop. You should be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, but where would I find that?

Failing all this I will just go back to PS 2018!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset : In Photoshop CC, Adobe has added a new option for resetting the preferences. The option is found in the Preferences dialog box. To open the dialog box, on a Windows PC, go up to the Edit menu at the top of the screen, choose Preferences, and then choose General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, it saved my life. There's a nasty bug in Photoshop version v22: when I use an huge external display and resize my window, and then disconnect the external display and use Photoshop with my 15 inch Macbook Pro only, Photoshop keep the XXL main window so I cannot access to the resize handle at the bottom right (it's outside of the viewing area). The only solution seems to be resetting the preferences. Much better than nothing, but this bug is still very anoying. Photoshop is the only software I know with that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines