Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right to left text issue with illustrator & photoshop

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so since my programs auto-update, I can't pinpoint the version this

issue started for me but the RTL formatting isn't working. 

I do have my paragraph set to "Middle Eastern & South Asian Every-Line Composer"

and I can write in RTL. But all of the punctuation marks are on the other side, which I used

to be able to fix using the RTL button (the P icon with an arrow underneath) which no longer exists?

(i used to have a "middle eastern options" options under paragraph that poped these icons out)

The same thing happens in both illustrator and photoshop... I had to revert to an earlier version

of photoshop  (21.2.7 - works fine)... Is this a new release issue or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Below red marked "Paragraph Directions" controls will solve your wrong end punctuation problem. However, these controls are visible in the Middle Eastern version only.

RTL-photoshop.jpg

If you don't see the above red-marked controls, then you better un-install Photoshop, change the language in Adobe CC Preferences to "English يدعم العربية" then reinstall Photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @larai59053036 

See these steps

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/arabic-hebrew.html

and show a screen shot of your panel if you still need assistance.

What is your OS and version of PS?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply, I am using the latest versions of both Photoshop and illustrator (it auto-updates).

This problem appeared recently, in one of the updates, I didn't have this issue in years. 

As mentioned, I installed an older version of photoshop (21.2.7) and didn't have this problem.

In the link you referred to under "text direction" , it shows how it used to be.

I no longer have the option to switch between RLT or LTR

which is my problem. this option doesn't exist in my menus... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below red marked "Paragraph Directions" controls will solve your wrong end punctuation problem. However, these controls are visible in the Middle Eastern version only.

RTL-photoshop.jpg

If you don't see the above red-marked controls, then you better un-install Photoshop, change the language in Adobe CC Preferences to "English يدعم العربية" then reinstall Photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Zaid! The "English يدعم العربية" in the CC preferences did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I did this.  But everytime I type it is defaulted to right to left.

How can I default to left to right text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larai59053036 wrote:

I am using the latest versions of both Photoshop and illustrator (it auto-updates).

Just for an FYI, in the Creative Cloud app you can turn off auto updates and also revert to the previous version. When you update manually, there is a checkbox where you can keep the previous version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for a different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines