• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

running a batch to add a secondary image layer

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to add a colour swatch (one image) as a second layer in the corner of an existing product image (another image).

Is there a way to batch process this?  i have 15 separate swatches to add to 200 products.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Place Embedded can be recorded in an Action and that can then be Batched, used in Image Processor, … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does each of the 200 products require the same 15 separate swatchs to be added? Or does it vary? If it varies, how do you know what goes where, and how would you factor that into your bulk processing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephen

All products require the same 15 separate swatches and they will all be located in the bottom right corner of the original  image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at variables and data sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All products require the same 15 separate swatches and they will all be located in the bottom right corner of the original  image. "

It seems doable. Now tell us whether all images to process share same dimensions and how that image with swatches look like and what are its dimensions versus required for end product? Can you post one example of finished product you are trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan

all main images share the same dimensions and all swatches share the same dimensions. The main images are 500x500 and the swatches are 100x100.

I have attached an example but the size of the swatch isnt exact but you will get the idea. do you know a way this would be possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see lots of layers with circle "swatches". Do you need all of layers in the Layers panel but only one visible? Something else? Please explain with more details.

I have idea how this deed can be done using actions but I need more details.

Idea for action.

Record action to:

• Alter canvas size of images for batch (200 you have mentioned) if necessary. If 200 images for batch are 500x500px and no need to adjust canvas then skip this step.
  • Select previous document.
  • Select layers with swatches.
  • Copy layers with swatches.
  • Select next document (that will be one of 200 images for batch).
  • Paste in Place copied layers.

Open image with swatches in Photoshop which should be 500x500px with swatches then run batch process with above action included. Test before running batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bojan

no there only needs to be the one colour swatch layer on each one. The multiple swatch layers was just me trying different processes

What you are describing is the route I was thinking of.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines