• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save A Copy Saves 2 Files

Contributor ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC 22.4.1 on a Windows 10 computer. After opening a PSD file and processing it, I then save the revised image to the same PSD file. After doing that, I save a JPEG image by first converting to 8-bit mode and then I use the new (and awful) Save A Copy menu item. A JPEG file is saved; however, a second copy is saved in a previously saved, and unrelated JPEG file in another folder. The second copy overwrites the unrelated JPEG file. Here is an illustration

Folder AAAA

Image_A.psd

Image_A.jpg  <<< This older file is overwritten when I Save A Copy of Image_B

Folder BBBB

Image_B.psd

Image_B.jpg <<< This newer file is saved correctly

I have searched the Windows Registry and can not find any instance of Image_A.jpg. I have searched Photoshop log files and not found any reference to Image_A.jpg. It seems as though Photoshop is corrupted.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Sorry, but it was operator error. I have an action to merge visible layers and save them. Somehow, I corrupted that action and included save as Jpeg action steps. It is my fault. Once I discovered what happened, I corrected the action and everything works as expected now.

Consider this solved and a non-issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read up on the new save protocols in the latest PS build?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This stupid "save a copy" change now requires that I use two different dialogue boxes! Why would I want to have to go to two differnet menus just to save a jpeg version of the file Imworking on. And why would you force me to add the word "copy" to the end of every file which I have ot go in and manually delete?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but it was operator error. I have an action to merge visible layers and save them. Somehow, I corrupted that action and included save as Jpeg action steps. It is my fault. Once I discovered what happened, I corrected the action and everything works as expected now.

Consider this solved and a non-issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines