• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as .hdr ? [2010 CS4]

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn about HDR.  When I create the file of three images in CS4 (64bit)...I've been told I should "Save As" a radiance format (.hdr) then open the file in Photomax to process into a HDR image.  However, when I go to "Save As" in CS4 there is no option available to save in the .hdr format. How do I get this option into CS4?

[year and version added to title by moderator, as the answer has changed in newer versions]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

If you're using Photoshop 22.x or 23.x, make sure your document is a 32-bit document (Image > Mode > 32-bits/channel) then go to File > Save a Copy... and select "Radiance" from the Format pop-up.

JeffreyTranberry_0-1637201470979.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HDR (Radiance) file format will only be available in 32 bit/channel.

Converting an 8 or 16 bit image to 32 bit and saving is missing the point -- you've got a low dynamic range image to start with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not realy since you photographed at multiuple exposures and should be able to automomatically make it form an hdri in this overpriced piece of software.

Also i simply dont even have the option to save as hdri/radiance

Ald al i did ws edit a file that ws already an HDRi so i`m stuck here anyone that can help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THe main problem was that i`m a bit frustrated but the way to get it to save is 2 merge all your layers and than in the normal save as menu you can choose radiance (HDRI ect.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Photoshop 22.x or 23.x, make sure your document is a 32-bit document (Image > Mode > 32-bits/channel) then go to File > Save a Copy... and select "Radiance" from the Format pop-up.

JeffreyTranberry_0-1637201470979.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is here, like me, with their flattened, 32bit document and still could not "save as" .hdr radiance, try 'save as copy'.  This worked for me.  Thanks for the frustration photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont really know what kind of moron you have to be to decide to destroy the way we used to save HDR from photoshop. it was as simple as Save as, or export...  now you have to go figure, watch tutorial, for something that should be just simple...   thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines