• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save as pdf file type not an option anymore

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason all of a sudden I cannot save any file to a PDF.  What would casue this?

petere10878492_0-1621350261291.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Please search before posting.

From v22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.
In the case of PDF, the dialogues that follow can result in file elements being lost (e.g. editability, downsampling) so it appears in Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt matter the size/dimensions or how many bits/channel   I just cant get teh PDF option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please search before posting.

From v22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.
In the case of PDF, the dialogues that follow can result in file elements being lost (e.g. editability, downsampling) so it appears in Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I'm glad to have found it but placing the text "copy" in all my pdf files is going to be a pain in the %&^^#.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could  Programs a script that basically works like Photoshop 'Savs As" worked in the past. The script would have a different UI than  good old "Save AS"a Photoshop which used a system dialog.  The script would have a ScripUI interface quite like Adobe Script "Export Layers to Files. Save the Document in the image file format you want to save. In fact I use  code from Adobe  'Export Layer to Files' creating the script for my personal use.

Change the title in the dialog  to Save As and process the document. It will be a Plug-in Script.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines