• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save from RAW to JPG deletes all metadata. Photoshop 22.3.0 on MacOS Catalina.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now since I started using Photoshop CC, metadata disappears, when I transfer the images to JPG and I can´t find it out why? Before I worked in an older version of Photoshop and I always did the same procedure and everything was working great. I have also upgraded my system to Mac OS Catalina if that can be the problem?
My workflow is: I transfer my images with Nikons Transfer 2, where I have different presets for metadata - XMP/ IPTC for different jobs / images. I open the NEF file in Photoshop Camera RAW, make some changes and then save as JPG. But then the metadata is not there?! I can see (in Nikon View NX-i) that metadata is being transfered to the RAW files. But what happens to the metadata when I transfer them to JPG? I have also tried to convert the files to TIFF, psd and png and there is even then no metadata information. The only thing you can see on the XMP/IPTC is the camerainformation. I have reading a lot on Forums on the Internet, but I can´t figure out how to solve this. Is it a bug, the settings, do I need a plug-in, is it a combination with the program and my operating system or what is wrong? Please can someone help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how are you saving out these files, and from where? Photoshop or ACR? Be specific please.

If you use Export or Save For Web, metadata will be stripped. Save As will retain metadata. Exporting directly from ACR should also retain it (haven't tried though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!
Thanks for your answer.

I thought that´s the same? If you open a RAW file in Photoshop it starts ACR? I have Camera Raw 13.2

I can´t see that option that you wrote about:" Export or Save For Web, where metadata will be stripped" 

When I save the RAW file to become a JPG it´s just the window "options for saving" there you choose where to save the picture, name, format, kvalité and other settings and there I select Metadata: All. But still the metadata is gone at the JPG file... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines