• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save stuck on 0%. HELP! [2019]

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1). I tried saving my file and it stuck on 0%. I figured because the autosave is on I can close it and I might lose only the last few things I did. God was I wrong. I lost all my work. I did some work again and decided to manually save it again. Little did I know I have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose everything again. I tried duplicating everything and saving that file bot it didn't work. Please help as this is important work. I'm using a 2017 Mac if that has anything to do with it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 160 Replies 160
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave is not the same as say Word. It does not iterate your work to the original file. It's an emergency backup in case of crashing.

It also requires you to save your file at least once.

As for your 0% saving - where are you saving to (local HD, network, external HD, etc) and are you logged in on an account that has Admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on an external HD. I've never had any issues until this update so I don't know if that is the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue. I updated to photoshop 21.0.1 and Mac OS Catalina three days ago and I've had my computer crash about 5 times since when using photoshop and indesign. It always starts as photoshop getting stuck when saving and then indesign freezes right after. I'm working off an external hardddrive which i have done all year and never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well even after updates. I'm working off an external drive and it is constantly getting stuck at 0% and it's frustrating because sometimes I cannot even cancel the save, thus losing all the progress I made because I cannot save the file elsewhere. I'm running Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88) with Photoshop CC 20202 Version 21.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known Catalina issue with external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened to me for the first time on the internal drive. Catalina 10.15.5 and PS 21.2.0. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous now. More people are having the problem and adobe is
doing nothing.
Its been so many months since i posted this issue and there have been 3-4
updates since then.
Some people have posted some workarounds but they don’t work for everyone.

Can someone from Adobe look at this and do something please?
--
Kind Regards,
Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For new file Ctrl N, then Ctrl S save as Untitled.psd then you can save as.  Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, on a windows10 machine. usually no problems.. sometimes big problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem now with version 21.0.3

This sucks beyond anything. Even when I force quit it will corrupt the file that's being saved so I just end up losing everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on the same issue!! anyone know how to fix. it's terrible because complie the file and i cant open the nromal file again because I forced to quit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac Catalina?

Saving to an external drive?

Have you allowed Photoshop full disk access in Apple security preferences?

Have you read through the suggested solutions on this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Photoshop some weeks ago. The problem reappears no matter what I do - I changed the scratch disk, tried working from local, extrernal hard drive - the same. The longer you work on a file, the bigger is the chance to have the issue replecated.

In case you still looking for a way to save you file at least in some way before killing Photoshop, here is my trick. The only way I found to save the work in progress is exporting all the layers as separate files. I use File / Export... / Layers to Files. In the pop up window, I check "Visible Layers only", so I only export what I need. Photoshop takes some time to save all the layers one by one as separate files. Then I kill the app in Task Manager. Once I open Photoshop again, I place all the exported layers in a new file (or in older version of the same file if there is already something done). In the Layers Tab, I right click on the newly imported layers and choose convert into layers. I have to sort them out after that and reorder as needed. Takes time, but at leat the work is restored.

You can choose to export each layer as a PSD file or PNG or another, depending on what you want to preserve in your layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and ended up freezing Photoshop. Ughh. File lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work around that worked for me.  While stuck in the 0% saving i was still able to edit the file, so I added a linked file to my PSD.  Even though I was blocked from saving I was able to package the file now that it had the link.  After doing so and restarting PS I simply opened the packaged PSD and deleted the linked file, and all was ok after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm havign the same issue and this package workaround was a life saver! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers dude, worked a treat! shame i had to use it in the first place but haha...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works dude, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a lifesaver...thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I am very gretaful for this solution that seems to have helped for several people. The issue I have is that I dont know what 'a linked file' is? 

I would be happy for an answer!
/Helén

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply place a file inside your document using the Place Linked… command from the File menu. Doing so allows you to create a packaged copy of your Photoshop document. Once you have the linked file placed inside your document, choose the Package… command from the File menu and designate a location for Photoshop to save a packaged copy of your file (along with the linked file). Photoshop will save a new copy of your file in the location you specify, and you should be able to use this copy as a "backup" of your work. At that point you can force quit Photoshop, then restart and open either your previous file or the new "packaged" copy of your file (and delete the linked file if need be).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! This saved my bacon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For new file Ctrl N, then Ctrl S save as Untitled.psd then you can save as. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- Sad this isn't working for me ;(

When trying to package the document it ALSO gets stuck saving- so frustrating. I left it try and save the packaged document for 2 days with no movement. Any recos? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines