• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved files greyed out

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can anyone advise with respect to saving PS files. I am new to PS, but have followed all guidelines for saving my work to desktop and to the cloud. When i try to retrieve the work to send for printing the files are greyed out. I have saved as TIFF, PNG and PDF files. I have also made an alias. Nothing seems to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grayed out where? 

Please post screenshots to clarify. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Wherever i have saved my PS documents they are irretrievable because they are greyed out. This screenshot is an example of a selection of things saved to my desktop . I have saved Leo's birthday poster in a multitude of different formats and they are all greyed out, so i cannot select them. The same is the case for PS files saved in the cloud or anywhere else for that matter 😞 Hope you can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop version 4.2 you can use Save a copy.  Optionally you can set you Photoshop preferences  to use Photoshop Legacy Save As and you will have the other file type options available in Save As.  Export will also work somtimes

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using PS version 22.4.3. I've tried SAve a Copy. Same result. Below screenshot of what happens when i try to select PS or AI files - they are all greyed out. 

Any further advice would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post the screen shots not a file list of screen shots. Have Photoshop UI and palettes visible where Save As and Save a Copy are grayed out.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines