Exit

Saving Problem [OSX Big Sur]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having 2 troubles here:

1) My PSD taking a long time to open some jpg files
2) When I'm trying to save to a JPG file, sometimes it's gonna take a few moments to be safe, and the worst part the PSD gonna hang and cannot be close unless I forced to quit. But once I force to quit my PSD, I need to restart my mac, or else the PSD cannot be launch.

These issues appeared when I'm updating my PSD to a newer version. Can anyone help me to solve these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or is it related to my update from Catalina to Big Sur 11.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have PSD and PSB compression disabled in Preferences?  That makes a difference, and especially on lower spec systems.

I am not a Mac user, but you can check out the known issues while waiting for a Mac user to answer/  I'll change your Subject line to show you are using Big Sur (that attracts the appropriate people to your thread).

Known issues in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for ur help, Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines